Preserving and promoting the culture
Buddhist Philosophy Promotion and Monastery Development Committee is formed by the Government of Nepal (GoN) for the development, preservation and maintenance of monasteries of Nepal. And it is also formed for the promotion of Buddhist philosophy. This committee has been working to carry out the various works related to Monasteries, Chhortens, Caves and rituals. Besides this, it provides management training and renovation fund for the historical and archaeological monasteries in Nepal.
May 25, 2022
गुम्बा को जानकारी
कृपया गुम्बाको बारेमा जानकारी लिनाको लागि SEARCH BOX मा नेपाली UNICODE बाट टाईप गर्नुहोला |
And it is also formed for the promotion of Buddhist philosophy.
This committee has been working to carry out the various works related to Monasteries, Chhortens, Caves and rituals. Besides this, it provides management training and renovation fund for the historical and archaeological monasteries in Nepal.
In 2041 BS and 2045 BS, the GoN passed orders for formation of Monastery Management and Development Committee for proper management of monasteries but later due to the changes in due course of time,
the formation order 2045 was replaced by Buddhist Philosophy Promotion and Monastery Development Committee formation order 2066 for more systematic and effective work.
Nepal is a sacred land, the birthplace of Lord Buddha by which it is known as the country of Lord Buddha throughout the world. The philosophy and teachings of Lord Buddha have been a source of knowledge and wisdom for the liberation of the all sentient beings.
Today, Buddhist followers are trying their best to save the philosophy and teachings of Buddha and also the religious traditions, cultures with help of this committee.
- To promote and protect Buddhist religion, culture and philosophy.
- To give financial support to the ancient and archaeological monasteries all around Nepal .
- To organize and run different skill based trainings to the locals related to the monasteries for uplifting their living standard.
- To develop monasteries as an educational centre.
- To develop monasteries as religious tourist destination.
- To publish essentials books for the reading and writing in monasteries
- To establish Buddhist philosophy research center for studying and recording the Buddhist culture, art, tradition, languages and for the development activities related to Buddhism from past to present. And also to disseminating them to the whole world.
- To collect information about the archaeologically and historically important public property of monasteries through the survey of monasteries and keep their records up to date for the proper security as well as to maintain structural information.
- To include monastery education in the mainstream of education and to provide equivalence to the title achieved to the date.
- To serve the process of nation building through the medium of Buddhist Philosophy.
- To serve the process of sustainable development of the country by conveying the peace message of lord Buddha to all nooks and corners of the country for increasing the feeling of brotherhood and mutual understanding among the people.
- To help in increasing the economic standard of the country by developing monastery sites as tourist destinations.
Mr. Jeevan Ram Shrestha
MINISTER, Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation
Ven. Phupu Chhembe Sherpa (Khenpo Geshe Thupten Jikdol)
Mr. Hom Bahadur Dong